1. Battin, MP, Rhodes R, and Silvers A, editors, Physician Assisted Suicide: Expanding the Debate, Routledge: New York (1998).
2. Rhodes R, Battin MP, and Silvers, editors, Medicine and Social Justice: Essays on the Distribution of Health Care, Oxford University Press: New York (2002).
3. Rhodes R, Francis LP, and Silvers A, editors, The Blackwell Guide to Medical Ethics, Blackwell Publishing: MA (2007).
4. Rhodes R, Silvers A, and Battin MP, editors, Medicine and Social Justice: Essays on the Distribution of Health Care, 2nd edition, Oxford University Press: New York (2012).
5. Rhodes R, Gligorov N, and Schwab A, editors,The Human Microbiome: Ethical, Legal, and Social Concerns Oxford University Press: New York (2013).
Original Peer reviewed Journal Articles:
Gong M, Richardson L, Rhodes R, Winkel G, Silverstein J. Surrogate Consent for Research Involving Adults with Impaired Decision-Making: Survey of Institutional Review Boards’ Practices. Critical Care Medicine.. 2010 Nov; 38(11): 2146-54.
Capozzi JD, Bronson W, and Rhodes R. Ethics in Practice: Moral complexity.Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2011 Aug 3; 93(15): e88.
Rhodes R, Aggarwal S, and Schiano TD. Overdose With Suicidal Intent: Ethical Considerations for Liver Transplant Programs. Liver Transplantation 2011 Sep; 17(9): 1111-6.
Rhodes R. et al., De Minimis Risk : A Proposal for a New Category of Research Risk: American Journal of Bioethics. 2011; 11(11): 1-7.
Human Microbiome Project Consortium. Structure, function and diversity of the healthy human microbiome. Nature. 2012 Jun 13; 486(7402): 207-14.
Dudzinski DM, Rhodes R, and Fiester A. Pedagogical Goals for Academic Bioethics Programs. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics. July 2013; 22(03): 284-296.
Favia A, Frank L, Gligorov N, Birnbaum S, Cummins P, Fallar R, Ferguson K, Mendis K, Friedman E, and Rhodes R. A Model for the Assessment of Medical Students’ Competency in Medical Ethics. American Journal of Bioethics: Primary Research. October-December2013 4(4): 68–83.
Humbyrd CJ, Capozzi JD, and Rhodes R. Ethics in Practice: Judgments about Deservingness. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. [In press]